Online Talk with Zheng Bo
- Thursday January 21, 2021 1 pm
- In conjunction with the exhibition Potential Worlds 2: Eco-Fictions
- Zheng Bo in conversation with Annemarie Bucher, lecturer (ZHdK), landscape historian, Zurich
- Please register at firstname.lastname@example.org; you will receive a Zoom link.
- In English
- A cooperation of the Department of Fine Arts of the Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK) and the Kuratorium Ökologie (ZHdK) with the Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst
In collaboration with the Department of Fine Arts of the Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK), the Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst hosts three talks with artists whose work is on view in the exhibition Potential Worlds 2: Eco-Fictions. The two-part exhibition series Potential Worlds explores the relationship between humans and nature. In Eco-Fictions, the second part, on view until February 21, 2021, features work by artists who sketch visions of potential “new” worlds and demonstrate that we need concrete visions of the future for alternative ways of life to come into being.
Zheng Bo’s (b. Beijing, China, 1974) work brings into focus an alternative perception of and engagement with the world, seeking to establish a discourse on the bodily relationship between humans and nature. In his video series Pteridophilia 1–4 (2016–), on view at the museum, he stages a sensual erotic encounter between young men and various species of fern, probing the potential of eco-queer relations. His interactive installation Fern as Method (2019) asks the visitors to draw a likeness of a fern in order to animate them to (re)build an intimate relationship with the fascinating world of plants.
- Thursday January 14, 2021 1 pm: Mileece* in conversation with Heike Munder, director and co-curator of the exhibition, Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst, Zurich
- Monday January 18, 2021 5 pm: Pinar Yoldas in conversation with Heike Munder, director and co-curator of the exhibition, Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst, Zurich
Download Calendar entry (ics)