Online Talk with Pinar Yoldas
- Monday January 18, 2021 5 pm
In conjunction with the exhibition Potential Worlds 2: Eco-Fictions and part of the Online Symposium "Contemporary Debates on the Ecological Crisis"
- Pinar Yoldas in conversation with Heike Munder, director and co-curator of the exhibition, Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst, Zurich
- Please register at email@example.com; you will receive a Zoom link
- In English
- A cooperation of the Department of Fine Arts of the Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK) and the Kuratorium Ökologie (ZHdK) with the Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst
In collaboration with the Department of Fine Arts of the Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK), the Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst hosts three talks with artists whose work is on view in the exhibition Potential Worlds 2: Eco-Fictions. The two-part exhibition series Potential Worlds explores the relationship between humans and nature. In Eco-Fictions, the second part, on view until February 21, 2021, features work by artists who sketch visions of potential “new” worlds and demonstrate that we need concrete visions of the future for alternative ways of life to come into being.
Pinar Yoldas (b. Denizli, Turkey, 1979) will discuss her works, which limn fantastic narratives for scenarios of a post-human future. In her video installation The Kitty AI: Artificial Intelligence for Governance (2016), on display at the museum, it is the year 2039, and an artificial intelligence in the guise of an animated cat has seized world power because humanity has proven “incapable.” And in Ecosystem of Excess (2014), also on view in our galleries, Yoldas picks up on the ecological crisis represented by the Great Pacific Garbage Patch to imagine utopian marine creatures that have entered into a symbiotic relationship with the plastic particles in their environment and evolved the ability to integrate them into their bodies for productive purposes.
- Thursday January 14, 2021 1 pm: Mileece* in conversation with Heike Munder, director and co-curator of the exhibition, Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst, Zurich
- Thursday January 21, 2021 1 pm: Zheng Bo in conversation with Annemarie Bucher, lecturer (ZHdK), landscape historian, Zurich
Download Calendar entry (ics)