"OPEN FELDENKRAIS LESSON"
Traditional Feldenkrais lessons, each offering an introduction to the Feldenkrais Method and the exhibition, held by Dorothée Rüttimann at the Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst.
The open lessons are designed for those without Feldenkrais experience who would like to learn more about Feldenkrais and his relationship to the exhibition, and to try out the method for themselves. Those with Feldenkrais experience are also welcome to attend.
For the exhibition One Is Always a Plural, artist Yael Davids has selected art from the Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst’s collection to bring into dialogue with her own works. The foundational ideas of the Feldenkrais Method play a key role in the design of the exhibition and selection of works.
The method developed by Moshé Feldenkrais is a body-oriented, therapeutic, and pedagogical practice in which specific movement sequences are carefully performed in order to help participants recognize their own movement habits and, in doing so, their ability to create a change. This allows users of this method to find and internalize alternatives to that which has become habitual or entrenched. The objective is not to perfect a certain "type" of movement, but to work with the possibilities of our own bodies and improve our functional movements – such as standing, sitting, bending and grasping.
Over the course of the exhibition, the audience is cordially encouraged to actively participate in classes, led by professional Feldenkrais teachers. Participants will have the opportunity to visit the exhibition before and after the lessons.
- Date: Thur. July 1, 2021
- Time: 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm (with 30 min. introduction to the Feldenkrais Method and the exhibition, and following Feldenkrais lesson), in German
- Teacher: Dorothée Rüttimann
- Location: Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst, Limmatstrasse 270, 8005 Zurich
- Costs: A one-off entry fee of CHF 12 (or CHF 8 concession), which will give you access to the exhibition at any time. The entrance ticket also allows you to participate in all Feldenkrais lessons. Please keep your ticket safe.
- Age: 14 and over
- Number of participants limited to 12 people.
Please register no later than one day before the lesson at: email@example.com
Please include the following details:
- Full name:
- Email address:
- Postal code, city:
- Covering your mouth and nose is obligatory (Safety guidelines)
- Please provide your telephone number when you register. Your details will only be stored according to the COVID-19 contact tracing guidelines, after which time they will be deleted without delay.
Download Calendar entry (ics)