Feldenkrais lesson by Yael Davids based on works from the collection: Lothar Baumgarten and Robert Ryman
Calming the nervous system - moving away from images
With works from the collection by Lothar Baumgarten und Robert Ryman
Based on the Feldenkrais-lesson: Covering the eyes [AY10]
Lesson by Yael Davids, which she has designed on the basis of particular works from the collection of the Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst.
For the exhibition One Is Always a Plural, artist Yael Davids has selected art from the Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst’s collection to bring into dialogue with her own works. The foundational ideas of the Feldenkrais Method play a key role in the design of the exhibition and selection of works.
Over the course of the exhibition, the audience is cordially encouraged to actively participate in classes, led by professional Feldenkrais teachers. Participants will have the opportunity to visit the exhibition before and after the lessons.
The method developed by Moshé Feldenkrais is a body-oriented, therapeutic, and pedagogical practice in which specific movement sequences are carefully performed in order to help participants recognize their own movement habits and, in doing so, their ability to create a change. This allows users of this method to find and internalize alternatives to that which has become habitual or entrenched. The objective is not to perfect a certain "type" of movement, but to work with the possibilities of our own bodies and improve our functional movements – such as standing, sitting, bending and grasping.
We are delighted to offer these Feldenkrais lessons at the museum, in direct contact with the works of art, as we view them as a key part of the project One Is Always a Plural. However, the programs are subject to change at short notice owing to COVID-19 protective measures.
- Date: Thur. August 19, 2021
- Time: 6 - 8pm (Museum is open until 9pm)
- Location: Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst, Limmatstrasse 270, 8005 Zurich
- Costs: A one-off entry fee of CHF 12 (or CHF 8 concession), which will give you access to the exhibition at any time. The entrance ticket also allows you to participate in all Feldenkrais lessons. Please keep your ticket safe.
- Age: 14 and over
- Number of participants limited to 15 people.
- In English
Please register until Wednesday, August 18 at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following details:
- Full name:
- Email address:
- Postal code, city:
- Covering your mouth and nose is obligatory (Safety guidelines)
- Contact tracing: Please provide your telephone number when you register. Your details will only be stored according to the COVID-19 contact tracing guidelines, after which time they will be deleted without delay.
Download Calendar entry (ics)