Online Talk with Mileece*
- Thursday January 14, 2021 1 pm
In conjunction with the exhibition Potential Worlds 2: Eco-Fictions
- Mileece* in conversation with Heike Munder, director and co-curator of the exhibition, Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst, Zurich
- Please register at email@example.com; you will receive a Zoom link.
- In English
- A cooperation of the Department of Fine Arts of the Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK) and the Kuratorium Ökologie (ZHdK) with the Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst
In collaboration with the Department of Fine Arts of the Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK), the Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst hosts three talks with artists whose work is on view in the exhibition Potential Worlds 2: Eco-Fictions. The two-part exhibition series Potential Worlds explores the relationship between humans and nature. Eco-Fictions, the second part, on view until February 21, 2021, features work by artists who sketch visions of potential “new” worlds and demonstrate that we need concrete visions of the future for alternative ways of life to come into being.
In the first conversation, the environmental and sound artist Mileece* (b. London UK, 1978) will talk about her investigations of how art and technology can help establish a healthy mutual relationship between humans and the biosphere. The focus will be on her most recent installation, i Oracle: Dreaming in the Future Ancient (2018/2020), currently on view at the museum, which grapples with ethical questions around artificial intelligence. The artist challenges us to integrate nature’s modes of communication and organization into programming; her work empowers a bonsai tree to interact directly with modern technology.
- Monday January 18, 2021 5 pm: Pinar Yoldas in conversation with Heike Munder, director and co-curator of the exhibition, Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst, Zurich
- Thursday January 21, 2021 1 pm: Zheng Bo in conversation with Annemarie Bucher, lecturer (ZHdK), landscape historian, Zurich
Download Calendar entry (ics)